Silver Jewellery Care
All of Strange of London jewellery is made from solid sterling 925 silver. It is important that you look after your jewellery so here are a few steps to keep it looking great.
Sterling Silver Jewellery Care
Sterling silver in the UK is 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. Sterling silver naturally tarnishes with the exposure to air and the environment as well as perfumes, lotions & perspiration.
Pleases avoid wearing your silver jewellery when using chlorine, bleach, while doing exercise, showering, bathing or in a pool, hot tub or while in bed.
Cleaning your Strange of London Jewellery:
- You can use a silver dip to clean silver jewellery, make sure you follow the instructions and wash with clean water and dry well
- You can use a silver cloth made from 100% cotton impregnated with a silver cleaner and anti-tarnish agent
- You can use warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush to clean away the dirt, wash with clean water and dry well
Care for your jewellery
- If you use a fragrance or body lotion please apply before you put on your jewellery
- Remove jewellery when exercising, cleaning, gardening or any other rough or physical work
- Try to refrain from wearing your jewellery in bed
- Avoid contact with perfume and body lotions
How to store your jewellery:
- Try to use an air tight plastic bag, it will cut down on silver items tarnishing significantly.
- Store your jewellery separately.
- Do not store jewellery in damp or hot conditions.